My trip to Southern California gave me an epiphany: we are paying too much for everything in Chicago.
- The price of a wide screen 45″ (and higher) TV in California is equivalent to the cost of a 21-25″ in Chicago.
- The cost of a damn good burger in California is $5.25 at In-N-Out where in Chicago the only good burgers come from restaurants that cost $6.50 to $10.50
- There are several fast food franchises in Southern California where in Chicago there are only 4 major ones that are NOT Mcdonald’s.
- Pizza tastes great at 8,000 feet and it is cheap!
- WalMart’s aplenty. Near Chicago they are rare.
- Fry’s aplenty and the prices are even cheaper than Walmart
I was going to do a long post about Southern California yet my only complaint was the ridiculous prices.